Are you hesitant to attend holiday parties because of all the tempting sweets? Do not fear! Here are some tips to help you survive the holiday hustle:
- Crowd out your plate with health foods – leave no room for unhealthy processed treats!
- Skip the cocktails and stay hydrated.
- Go for green – with so much to choose from, lean towards the fiber and vitamin packed dark leafy greens.
- Don’t skip meals – make sure you eat protein dense, fiber-ful meals before events, this will help over-eating.
- Stay active – just because it’s too cold to workout outside doesn’t mean you should skip the workout. Search youtube for home exercise videos!
- Beat the blues – add foods high in vitamin D to your diet or consider supplements to avoid seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
- Do less, say no – easier said than done, but holiday are stressful. Practice saying ‘NO’ when an event or anything isn’t going to add to your life.
- Give back – find ways to give back in your community and to those you love; it will improve your day too!
- Bring healthy with you – bring health foods to potlucks and parties. Not only will everyone there be better off, but you’ll have a go-to item to eat while there.
To make your life a little easier, we have whipped up the recipe for the perfect item to bring to all your holiday parties. Check out the Pumpkin Bread recipe below and make your co-workers jealous!
Don’t forget, you can still buy one and get on free for our Vegan Protein Powder, using promo code: bogovanilla on mctlean.com.