By Valerie Hermes
It’s the holiday weekend and everyone deserves a treat! Especially this time of year when you can’t go to any store without running into highly processes foods, especially delicious red, white, and blue sugar cookies. It’s also a good idea to have some type of sweet treat when you’re hosting a party. That way you can share the sweets with others and not over indulge yourself. Sweet treats are good in moderation, but if you’re like me, it’s hard to just stop after one cookie, or one piece of candy. Sharing is caring and sweet! When I provide a sweet treat at my parties, I can fulfill my sweet craving without going overboard.
When it comes to serving sweets/dessert for my parties, I keep it simple, as always. I try to incorporate as many fruits as possible. This way the treat is – fresh and colorful! If you remember from my last blog, I am a huge fan of dips for appetizers. I have noticed a trend in fruit dips, and cake batter dips online and decided I would try to create a sweet dip while incorporating my favorite MCT Lean Vegan Protein Blend, which is 30% off if you use discount code july4 at checkout!
I created a delicious Vanilla Cupcake flavor dip that you can make in minutes and serve with fresh fruit, berries, gluten free graham crackers, or even top on MCT Lean Vegan Protein Blend pancakes. This recipe is perfect for your Fourth of July BBQ! This dip isn’t just delicious and sweet it’s also a great way to add powerful protein
- MCT Lean Vegan Protein Blend builds lean muscle and promotes lean body composition. It also enhances cell detoxification
- Fruit is the source of many essential nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate (folic acid).
- Greek Yogurt is packed with probiotics. Having these good microorganisms in your intestines helps keep you healthy and are great for your digestive system
Other ways to have Cupcake Dip
- Mix in MCT Lean Vegan Protein Blend Chocolate for a Chocolate Cupcake Flavor.
- Use Cup Cake Dip as a healthier substitute for frosting.
- Top on protein pancakes.
- Top on your Favorite MCT Lean Smoothie for a special treat
Treating yourself is important
Treating yourself during your healthy eating journey can help you stay motivated. I like to create small goals for myself and then treat myself when I achieve them. For example, one week I might make a goal to eat veggies at every meal and no eating after 8 PM. If I am successful for the week, I treat myself to a small bowl of popcorn or even a small piece of dark chocolate. Treating yourself can also stop you from binge eating. If you’re craving a snickers bar and you try to reaching for celery with peanut butter instead. You might find you were just hungry, not hungry for a Snickers. Listen to your body, and eat in moderation. If you have been keeping up with your goals and healthy habits, have a snack sized snickers bar. You earned it! You deserved it! TREAT YOURSELF!